Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mission in Nablus

My name is Muna Aghaalnemer, one of the interns with PCS for this summer. I am working in Nablus as part of the mission group. The mission consist of Ramallah, Hebron and Nablus. The mission in Nablus has finished its second day today, May 20th. Despite the short time, I have already learned of the numerous ways this great organization helps Palestinian children. The screening day was Saturday, and it was such a productive day, filled with patients of all ages along with family members. It was very rewarding to see the gratefulness of their faces. A total of 74 patients were screened, checked and given care.

Today was the first day for surgeries, in Rafedia Hospital. The surgical team completed a total of 6 surgeries and another 6 will be done tomorrow.  As an intern, I have been doing numerous tasks including completing paper work, taking pictures of patients, helping with families as well as many others small tasks.

I have gained so much respect for this organization, and I am beyond honored to be part of it. I have learned so much about this amazing field and I cannot wait to learn more to be able to give and help as much as I possibly can. Making a change in someone's life is the thing I always aim to achieve, and I am thrilled to be a part of this wonderful team.

No comments:

Post a Comment